Monday, April 14, 2014

Recovering from a fat bike hangover!

The tell-tale signs of a fat bike hangover are all present. Deliriously happy, dragging my feet, and consuming large amounts of the peanut butter cups that Scott made...
It probably goes without saying (since the two main ingredients are peanut butter and dark chocolate) but holy moly, these peanut butter cups are amazing! Here's the recipe (Scott used peanut butter instead of almond butter and eliminated the coconut). But be warned...it's impossible to eat "just one!"

This was another big volume week (for me). On Tuesday I did a 3 hour ride followed by a 6 hour ride on Wednesday followed by a 4 hour ride on Thursday. Wednesday was by far my favorite day of the week since I rode my Beargrease out to Grand Haven and straight onto the sand.
Riding along the shoreline never gets old and I feel so lucky to live so close to Lake Michigan. It was slightly surreal to ride next to the water and not hear any waves crashing. There's still quite a bit of the shoreline that is frozen.
Round trip was 82 miles and I will be the first to admit that I was pretty tired by the time I got home!

The longer rides motivated me to start using my Barking Bear frame bag this week. So far I really like it and it's amazing how much "stuff" I can fit in it.
On Saturday I was able to do some unplanned product testing on the frame bag since I got stuck riding in the rain for the last hour and a half of my ride. Good news..the frame bag kept everything dry! I, on the other hand, was completely soaked!
When all was said and done I put in about 20 hours on my fat bike this week. Awesome!!! Besides work and walking the dogs, I didn't have time for much else (except eating peanut butter cups) and I'm really happy today is a rest day. It's cold, windy, and rainy today so once again I have no temptations whatsoever to go outside.

This week will be much lower volume and then I'm racing riding the Hellkaat 50 with my parents. I am so, so, so excited for this race. We had to mail in postcards that will be used for our number plates. Since I'm the queen of procrastination I waited until the very last minute and had to hand deliver ours. I didn't plan it but looking at our number plates I realize that they all have a "butt" theme. And I can't wait to see my dad's face when he get's handed his number plate....Bahahahaha. Mine is the one of the lower right side (of course!)

No comments: