Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Yahoo!!!!

I couldn't think of a better blog post title to describe my weekend considering that this happened....

My new bike arrived!!!
To tell you the truth I still don't believe that this bike is mine. It's amazing...and completely BADASS looking!

Sadly I had to sell my other Beargrease. I had it for exactly one year and I had a ridiculous amount of fun times and adventures on that bike. I would have kept it if I could have, but with a winter and summer race schedule I'm not in a position financially where I can hoard fat bikes :-)

Luckily I was able to sell it to a friend (Mackenzie Woodring). I am positive that she will love it as much as I did. In fact I'm almost 100% sure that within a year she will be a full time fat biker...haha. I have to admit that I was a little weary about selling my fat bike to someone who is MUCH, MUCH faster then me but I made Mackenzie promise that she would never beat me in a race while riding my old bike..haha.

Now I have another friend to do some LONG winter rides with...get ready Mackenzie!!!
On Saturday we worked on fitting my bike (the geometry is different) and on Sunday I did race #1 in the Fat Bike GRR series.
OMG...the race was difficult to say the least. I was never out of breath for that long because I was constantly falling or having to put a foot down. The course was really slippery from all of the new snow that had fallen. I definitely got my 1st (and 2nd, 3rd and 4th) crashes out of the way on my new bike.  The next race in the series is on Dec 29th and I can't wait to do it. So much fun!!!

You gotta love races where 1st place wins a growler of IPA!
Now it's time to get ready for Fat Bike Tuesday. Let's hope that I make it to this one :-)

No comments: