Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Richmond cross and a few "save the date(s)"

Thought I would do a quick blog post and try to sum up the last couple of days. Scott is in Spain for the week and (as usual) I've managed to turn the entire house into a disaster area. Making piles and NOT doing dishes is my specialty.

Anyways, it seems almost too late to talk about my cross race last weekend but oh well. I'm going to talk about it anyways. I managed to survive another race without passing out/puking. I went into the Kisscross Richmond park cross race really tired. I rode my SS close to 4 hours the day before and then walked dogs at the Humane Society for another 2. As a result I couldn't even come remotely close to red lining it during the race. But lucky for me the course was super mountain bike-ish, I only had to get off of my bike twice each lap, and I was able to finish as the first female.

Photo by Jack Kunnen

I love cross. I'm not fast or smooth at the barriers and I always feel like I'm going to trip and fall flat on my face. But once I'm done it's all I can think about. In fact, the first thing that I thought of the morning after Richmond cross was that I really, really, really want a SS cross bike. But recently I've also reached the conclusion that it makes total sense for me to have 3 fat bikes :-) Tomorrow I'm talking to my sponsor at Salsa (the greatest bike company in the world) and I have a feeling that he's going to read this post about wanting 3 fat bikes and just not answer the phone...haha!

Also, have you checked out Salsa's new website? Every time I visit it (which is daily) I want to pack up my Beargrease and go to Alaska.

Besides riding my bike, and thinking about bikes that I want, we've been busy planning for some really cool events.

First up...Slush Cup prep on October 12th from 10am-1pm. I'm so excited about this event. If you have kids or know anyone who has kids pass on the info. And it's not just about racing the Slush Cup at Iceman. This is going to be a kids skills clinic and I promise that it's going to be a lot of fun!

And later on in the day is Bark in the Dark 5K walk/run at the Humane Society!
This event is going to be a blast. It's to raise money for all the animals waiting to be adopted and I am really excited to be a part of it. I've been training with Moxie, one of the long term dogs at the Humane Society. To tell you the truth I think she's more ready to run a 5k then me. It's going to be interesting that's for sure. Now that I think of it, Oct. 12th is going to be a very, very busy day for me!

Last but certainly not least we have more dates for our ladies rides. As of now we have rides planned on Oct. 10th, Oct. 19th and Oct. 24th. These rides are a blast. They are NO drop, a great way to work on skills, and I can't say enough about the awesome women I get to ride with. Check for updates on the Grand Rapids Bicycle Co. Facebook page. 

2 comments:

brian gurd said...

Great to see you at Richmond (and not during the race!). I hope to do all the Kisscross races this year so hopefully, you will have another chance to pass me!

Danielle Musto said...

Brian- I'm gunning for you :-)