Friday, September 27, 2013

Best ladies ride yet...

Last night was the ABS/GRBC ladies ride. This week was really tiring (lots of crazy early mornings at work-ugh) and the ride was just what I needed. We had a great group and there were times when we were just standing in the middle of the woods laughing. I love that!

Our awesome group...
It had been way too long since Mackenzie Woodring joined us and as you can see I was very excited to have her on our ride!

Somewhere along the way we decided to stop for a group picture...
I think we caused a bit of a "bike jam" because more and more riders started to join us...
For a few minutes we had an impromptu party in the woods. This is one of the many reasons of why I love mountain biking so much!
Afterwards we headed to a local Sports Bar, The Score. They were having a "Tap Night" to celebrate the fact that they are now carrying new craft beer. Not that we ever need an incentive to go out afterwards but 10% of sales went to the WMMBA which was cool.

As you can see I wore my clubbing clothes!
When I was in my early 20's and going out I never would have guessed that in the future I would be wearing a lycra race kit into the bars. But it totally makes sense if you think about it. I mean a sports bar??? What else should you wear but a race kit?
We were put in a section that we considered VIP. For some reason people kept staring at us...and I'm pretty sure that reason was because we are so awesome :-) And also, there is a good chance that the hostess separated us from everyone else because of how we smelled after our ride. "Put the stinky girl's in the corner!"
I can't say enough about our rides and how much fun they are. Plus it's cool to see everyone improving every single time. I know it's way easier for me to tackle something with a bunch of friends cheering me on.

Speaking of female riders, I was lucky enough to interview Georgia Gould this evening. She freaking rocks. I'll be sure to post the link to the interview when I get it!

Well time to make some popcorn and watch Breaking Bad. For some reason I never got into the series but I just started watching it and I...can't....stop....watching...it!

PS. As cool as it is to wear a cycling kit into the bar I wouldn't recommend it. Sitting in a wet chamois for a few hours...not so awesome!

No comments: