Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to the norm...

After four weekends of racing it was nice having a weekend off at home. And when I say "off," I mean from racing. I definitely got some good training in....
On Saturday I did 3 hours of gravel roads with some steady state intervals. Then on Sunday I did a 5 hour endurance ride. It felt really good to get a full week of consistent workouts in and I plan on a few more weeks of the same. As much as I love racing the traveling can be really tiring. Today my legs are tired but not from sitting in a car all day. They are the good type of tired from lots of pedaling.

Besides riding it was nice being able to spend the weekend with Scott and the dogs....
I was able to fuel my coffee soda addiction from Rowsters and we spent the rest of the weekend going to the Farmer's Market, watching TV and I snuck in a few naps. It was pretty awesome.

Labor day weekend looks to be more of the same. I hope to get one more really good week of training in and I also have to catch up on a lot of sponsorship stuff for next year. Ahhhh...I can't believe it's time to start thinking about the 2014 season already. As much as I love fall I want to hang on to summer a little bit longer.

More updates later in the week. In the meantime, here is the link to the Girls & Gears interview I did with Karen Jarchow. She did a great job and it's definitely worth listening too!

No comments: