Friday, May 10, 2013

welcome back legs!

The good news is that I'm finally feeling better. Mostly at least. Ironically the last thing that I had said before I got the upper respiratory infection was that I hadn't gotten sick in a really long time. Famous last words I guess :-)

On Tuesday I realized that I was slowly feeling more like my usual self and by Thursday I was able to go mountain biking. Being back on a bike felt amazing. My legs felt like they had a little bit of power back and I was able to do some hard efforts without feeling like I was going to cough up a lung. It  felt so great to be riding on dry trail and I can't wait to start mountain bike racing. Luckily I have a bunch of races right around the corner. And btw...the trail didn't stay dry long. About 10 minutes after I started riding dirt a spring thunderstorm hit. Oh well, my shoes were looking a little too clean anyways.

When I got home there was a nice surprise waiting at the front door. My new kits had arrived. Talk about Christmas in May!!! I love them. In fact, these are my favorite ones yet!

Someone else was all over (or should I say all in) my kits too...it's a good thing they have my name on them!

2 comments:

Carey Lowery said...

I love the kit. Sorry I have not talked to you in a long time; but think of you guys often.

Danielle Musto said...

I think of you all the time too. I know you are super busy being an awesome mom, saving animals and being a super racer :-) I'll try to call soon!