Wednesday, May 01, 2013

The plague

I managed to avoid getting sick all winter long and what happens the moment the weather turns nice absolutely beautiful? I catch the upper respiratory crap that's been going around, that's what. Blech.

I usually just try to drink lots of liquids and get lots of rest but this thing is harsh. Forget about working out, I could barely get off of the couch. I was mostly worried about my lungs because I couldn't take a deep breath without them hurting. And I couIdn't laugh without starting to cough uncontrollably. That was a problem last night on Girls&Gears. I did an interview with Jill and Emma about their bike trip around Lake Superior and about half of the things they were saying seemed really funny to me. I spent the hour eating cough drops but a few coughs escaped and I'm sure the giant microphone in front of me picked them up loud and clear :-) Here's a link to the interview...I had fun talking to them.

Anyways, I've had to skip a few workouts but I'm not freaking out about it. In the past I used to freak out if I would miss just one workout but dealing with injuries and illnesses is just part of being an athlete. And if all I have to deal with is upper respiratory infection the plague then it's not so bad.

I'm thinking positively and hoping that tomorrow is the day I wake up feeling better. Not only has it been a few days but I went to the doctor today and he put me on some antibiotics to clear it out. And even though I was complaining about the timing of getting sick when the weather turns nice I'm actually happy it happened now and not next week. I'm going to have a hard enough time running the 5/3 as it is, and there is no way in hell that I would have been able to if I were this sick then.

Anyways, time for bed. I really do need to feel better tomorrow as Scott and I are skipping town for the weekend. Here's to hoping that the antibiotics I'm taking work!

No comments: