Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Good news! I survived the 5/3 Riverbank run. I can honestly say that I am more sore then I have ever been in my life. And that's counting all the hundred milers, 12 and 24-hour races that I've done EVER! Trust me when I say that I am wrecked!!!

I'll put up a full race report tomorrow. Today I had no time. When I woke up this morning I basically had to roll out of bed because my legs and arms were to sore to function right. When I finally made it to the kitchen I had to laugh...apparently Naomi and Ben appreciate me :-)


After breakfast I did an endurance ride. It rained, hailed and was windy so I can't say that it was the best ride but it felt good to be on the bike. The only hard part was getting on and off...I actually had to use my arm to lift my leg over my bike. I'm sure I looked a little weird to anyone watching. By the time I made it home I had to get ready for work. I have a feeling I'm going to need lots and lots of coffee tomorrow.

But before collapse in bed I want to wish everyone a happy Mother's Day!!! I hope everyone had a great one. I actually only saw my mom for a minute today but I'm pretty sure she knows how much I love her considering that I call her at least 5 times a day. Minimum.

One of my favorite photos of my mom...
Crossing the finish line and waving...haha!
The picture below is from the Riverbank run yesterday. I talked my mom into doing it and she ran 15.5 miles in 2:44 with very little training. Running on pavement isn't that easy for her either because she has a fused toe from an old injury, so it doesn't bend. I brag about her all of the time but rightfully so. When I was little I always wanted to be just like my mom and I still feel that way today. She's so hardcore!

No comments: