Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Time to build an Ark

Another day, more rain.

This is our backyard...Ben's toys are drowning out there...

We had a few thunderstorms throughout the day which got our granny greyhound all worked up. Poor Naomi. She spend the majority of the day alternating between the bathroom and the basement. I always feel so bad for her but there's nothing that we can do to make her feel better. Believe me, I've tried everything over the last 9 years.


It's amazing how different our dogs are. Poor Naomi acts like she's going into cardiac arrest and then there's Ben...

I'm pretty sure Ben likes the thunder and rain because it means that he can sleep all day and we won't force him outside to participate in any sort of physical activity. Assuming he can hear the thunder over his snores...

I had the day off from work and spent the first part of the day monitoring my weather.com app. I am now 100% sure that the app doesn't work because it would say "cloudy" and in actuality it would be thundering and pouring outside. Finally I said "screw it" and forced myself into the rain. I guess it was as good of a time as any to break my new running shoes in.


Before these Adidas shoes I had some minimalist New Balance shoes and the difference between the two is amazing. I felt like I was running on clouds. And no, I'm not sponsored by Adidas :-)

Well, I guess I should say I felt like I was running on clouds for the first couple of miles. And then I started to feel like I really wanted to give up and start walking on clouds. I had to remind myself that I used to feel like that riding my bike (that I wanted to get off and walk). 30 days until the race...I have plenty of time, right?? haha.

Tomorrow it's back to the bike. I have tempo intervals scheduled and I'm pretty sure that I will have to do them in 39 degrees and the rain. I swear...it was way easier to train in the winter!

No comments: