Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Enough with the April Showers!

Well I'm officially done with my two weeks "off" from any sort of training. I would like to say that I accomplished a lot during the last two weeks but that's still up for debate. Let me put it this way. If you think watching The Voice, Dancing with the Stars, and Game of Thrones for hours upon hours an accomplishment, well then I got A LOT done :-)

I did manage to leave the house long enough to buy some new running shoes...look at how fast I am! Wheeeee!

Right now my coach is still having me take it really easy with the whole running thing. Something about avoiding injury etc. And I've been listening because the last thing I want to do is hurt myself. But I am ready to kick it up a notch because the 5/3 is right around the corner. I've started obsessively checking out the website and noticed today that there are 31 days left until the race. That's weird because a week ago I looked and it said that there were 31 days left then. What the??? I think the website is effing with me :-)

There's lots going on in the near future. I was so busy getting sucked into reality TV that I haven't been on my computer much. This weekend I plan to finally update my race schedule and also create an events link. In the very near future is another Fat Bike race on April 20th. This one is going to be a freaking blast because it's on the beach. Yay! I'm 100% sure that it is not USAC/UCI sanctioned and I'm also 100% sure that no one cares. Actually right now I'm way out of the loop with the UCI thing and I blame it on the fact that I took my coach very literally when he said to relax on the couch (at least I think he said that).

Turning on my computer was too much work for the most part and now I need to catch up on what's going on. So tomorrow morning before work I plan on listening to the MBR episode about the whole thing over lots and lots of coffee. And I promise to be much more informed in my next post :-)

Well time for bed. Spring has still not sprung here and now it's been raining non-stop. I'm really hoping that tomorrow will have a window where I can go out and not get wet. If not...well I guess I'll just have to use my new "I'm coming off of a rest period" motivation to go out and ride/run in the rain! Easier said then done when it's 45 degrees though.

No comments: