Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Deja Vu!


Ben had his second (and hopefully LAST) surgery on his left knee yesterday. I didn't realize this when I scheduled the surgery but it was almost exactly a year ago when he had surgery on his right knee. The good news is that the surgery was successful! No more luxating patellas for him!

He had to spend Tuesday night at the dog hospital so I rode my bike over to deliver some food. It was probably one of the weirdest things I've ever carried in my hydrapak!

Since it was the one dry day of the week I took a detour on the way home and got a good 3-ish hour ride in. It felt so great to be outside with my arms and legs exposed!

I did a much shorter ride today because I had to pick Ben up early! Now comes the hard part. Restricted activity for 8 weeks. In the very near future it shouldn't be that hard, since he is recovering and on pain meds. But when he starts to feel better it's going to be harder to keep him from wanting to run around. We did it before so I know it can be done but still....I can't wait for his staples to be out and for him to be able to go for walks again.

What a trooper...not one whine all day!


I'm on dog duty tonight which means I'm on the couch, eating popcorn and catching up on The Voice while Ben sleeps. I am sleeping out here though, just in case he decides to get up. I'm so tired right now from the last couple of days that I could probably just sleep on the wood floor.


Tomorrow's weather forecast is looking pretty dismal but the good news is that it should be dry for the upcoming fat bike race this weekend. At least I hope so. I've been having race withdrawals since Barry-Roubaix and this weekend can't get here soon enough!

No comments: