Monday, April 29, 2013

A whole bunch of awesome

I can't say enough good things about our first women's mountain bike clinic. We had over 45 women show up and it was incredible to see so many female riders practicing skills, riding trail and nailing technical sections. There was so much laughter, determination, cheers and camaraderie throughout the day that I didn't want it to end. We stopped a few times on the trail to work on riding over log piles. At one point a few guys rode past us and I think they were very surprised to see all of us. We cheered them on as they went over the log pile and while they were smiling I could see a little panic in their eyes. Because I am 100% certain those guys were thinking, "please don't let me crash in front of all these women." Ha!

There will definitely be more clinics in the future and we are already planning monthly group rides with some skill work thrown into the mix. Thanks to all of the instructors who helped out, thanks to the Ada Bike Shop for sponsoring the event and a huge thanks to all the amazing women who spent the day riding bikes with us! 

I can't wait for the next one!










No comments: