Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hello Spring...and Eszter!

Happy first day of Spring. A time for sunshine, birds chirping and little flowers sprouting all over.

Or, if you live in Michigan.....

As much as I love riding in the snow I'm ready for warmer weather. Is it just me or do 20 and 30 degree days in March feel colder then they did in January and February? I, for one, am sick of layering and can't wait until I can just throw on a jersey (singular) and shorts (singular) and be out the door! Plus I'm excited to ride singletrack on my singlespeed. And I'm excited to ride my Beargrease out to the beach so that I can ride it on sand. 

Maybe by the time April comes around! Surely by May :-)

Speaking of snow and cold weather, I spent a few hours today researching the Iditarod Trail Invitational in preparation for my Girls&Gears interview with Eszter Horanyi. In the process of reading about the race I also managed to order a pair of boots and came really close to contributing money to a dog sled team. Talk about getting off track!!!! Luckily I came to my senses that I'm a poor mountain bike racer with a summer full of races I want to do. 

I am keeping the boots though :-)

I have to say, it's really cool to have such inspiring females on the show. After reading about them and talking to them they become much more then just a name I recognize from a roster or a race result. I find myself rooting for them and really hoping for the best in their future endeavors! Here is the link to my show tonight with Eszter!! She also sent a quick (and delicious sounding) recipe for a post-ride snack. From this point on I'm going to ask each guest to bring a recipe to the show, so that we can have a radio recipe book. Ben is going to put a page link on Mountain Bike Radio and I'll be sure to post it when it's up! 

Well time to go burrow under covers and drink tea! It's cold outside!!!

PS. Even though I'm making tea and have the heat cranked up all I can think about is how much I want to do a longer race or bike-packing trip next winter :-) 

No comments: