Monday, March 25, 2013

Great Lakes Fat Bike Series finale!

The Barry-Roubaix became a "race" to get to the start line for me. That was the closest I've ever come to missing a race start...ahhhhh! By the time I got to the race venue people were lining up in Wave 14. I was in Wave 11 which meant I had to push myself and my Beargrease through at least 600 people. It was a good opportunity to see a lot of friends at once :-)

I'm not going to post my race report on my blog, because it's already written here on FAT-BIKE.COM!

Barry-Roubaix was also the season finale of The Great Lakes Fat Bike Series. I can honestly say that this winter was the most fun I've ever had racing. At times I didn't think it was going to be possible to compete in all the races, but I'm really happy that it worked out. Not only did I get to meet a ton of great people, but it made me fall in love with winter.  What I wasn't expecting about the series was how much of an impact it would have on my summer racing schedule. I'll update my summer schedule soon because there's definitely a few places I want to go back to!

Here's a picture of the Great Lakes Fat Bike Series trophy...I'm pretty proud of it!

It was a little big to carry around but I managed just fine...

Lots of people had ideas of what it could be used for. Oh the possibilities....

Scott thinks that I should attach a chain around it and wear it around my neck...not so sure about that!

From what I hear the Great Lakes Fat Bike Series is going to be even bigger next year and I can't wait. But in the meantime, I'm very, very excited for spring.

Speaking of spring, my coach is starting the season with me taking a very, very small break from racing. This year was kind of insane because Iceman was my last race of the season but I started fat bike racing in December. If you count the local fat bike races in town, I've already competed in 10 races this year. Hence the time off. I know that I need some serious time for training because I missed out on a lot of days while traveling, resting, or recovering. What I'm hoping is that we can work a lot of local races into my training schedule and just use them as hard training days!

1 comment:

Paynful said...

LMAO!! I definitely think you should wear it like a necklace... using a logging chain!!