Thursday, March 07, 2013

Fat Bike Birkie or BUST

Well, it's time for another road trip! I finally finished washing my gear/clothing from Cuyuna and now I'm packing it all up again. Forget my fitness, I am heading into the summer race season with my packing down!!!

And now I just jinxed myself and probably forgot something huge.

Initially I didn't think that I was going to be able to go to Fat Bike Birkie because Scott can't go and the thought of doing another long drive (alone) wasn't that appealing. However I lucked out that Jorden Wakely was looking for a driving buddy and it all worked out. To tell you the truth I don't know Jorden very well, just that he's nice and super fast. I figure that will soon change since we have a total of 20 hours of drive time in our near future. What he doesn't know about me is that I turn narcoleptic in a moving vehicle and can't parallel park the truck for the life of me. If only two fat bikes could fit in my fiesta...

Lucky for Jorden I have all the road trip essentials...bahahahaha!

Well time for bed. I've never been to the area where the Fat Bike Birkie takes place and I'm ridiculously excited about it. It's going to be a huge race! I haven't had any time to research what the course is like but more then one person has mentioned hills to me :-) I suspect there will be some climbing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sine you love Gummi bears, check out this one....
A single giant gummi, on a stick!!!

http://www.perpetualkid.com/giant-gummy-bear-on-a-stick.aspx