Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Farmer's Fat Bike race recon

This weekend I was finally able to get out and ride the Farmer's Fat Bike course. It's ridiculous that I hadn't done it sooner because I can pedal to Cannonsburg on my fat bike in 40 minutes.

The course is fun. A little tougher then the course last year, but each tough part has a fun section right after. It's all work...reward...work...reward....for three hours. It will definitely be a good workout.

I am not going to complain about the fact that it's sunny and warming up this week (at least not on this blog) but I will be the first to admit that I'm disappointed that there won't be more snow. There WILL be at least a little snow on the course, and luckily for us we live in Michigan. So there WILL be sand...which is equally fun to ride on a fat bike!

Here I am on the course.  I have no idea where this is in relation to the start/finish, but I do know it's part of the course :-)
PS. If you are wondering why I'm not on my bike...that's a good question. It may not look tricky but for some reason I could NOT clean this little hill for the life of me. It doesn't even look like a hill from the pictures :-)

Anyways, 4 days until I line up for my first race of the season. I can't wait. I'm hoping to be able to push myself really hard for the entire 3 hours. It will be a fun place for spectators too. The lodge will be open for warmth, and we will be racing right in front of it. Plus there will be a snowboarding competition going on at the same time....even though we all know that Fat Bikes are WAY more interesting!

PS. Don't forget that the Ada Bike Shop is having spin class every Tuesday at 6 p.m. It's all free...just bring your bike and a trainer.

1 comment:

Ironman By Thirty said...

Good luck at your race! No fat bike for me so I am persona non grata. :)

Thanks for a great spin class tonight! See you next week.