Sunday, December 23, 2012

Got sand?

I wanted to get out to the beach one more time this year and Saturday I finally had the chance. My initial plan was to be on my bike by 8:30 a.m. The reality was that I finished hitting my snooze button at 8:45 a.m. Oops.

After breakfast, coffee, blogs, facebook, and more coffee ( I got so much accomplished-ha!) I was finally pedaling by 10 a.m. A little later then planned but it was only 28 degrees out-COLD!

One of my favorite things about where I live is that I can hop on my bike and end up here...
For a while I was pretty convinced that I was never going to make it, because the wind was battling me the whole way there. And then I turned left when I should have gone right (story of my life). But finally...I saw sand. The beach is like a giant playground when on a fat bike.
I kind of lost track of time out there. By the time I got home my total mileage for the day was 75 miles. I met Scott and the rest of the Farm Team at Brewery Vivant to hang out for a while. The combination of a long ride, duck nachos and cider resulted in a very early bedtime for me. I think I was in bed by 9 a.m! A good thing too, because I had to wake up today (Sunday) at 3:45 a.m. for work.

The benefit of going in to work so early is that I got out early enough to get a ride in before dark. Scott mentioned that he wanted to go to out to Grand Haven and of course I agreed :-)

But first we had to stop for some fuel at Maggie's Kitchen...
 We picked up some tacos to go and were on our way...
Once again riding on the lake was awesome. Words can't do it justice so here are some pics...





Today's ride was much shorter. I think we rode for 2 hours. But it was windy and cold and I managed to bonk my brains out on the beach. I owe Scott for pulling me back...I was dragging.

Tomorrow is another early day at work and that's OK. I'm ready for bed. Riding in the cold air and wind kicked my butt (again).

3 comments:

Mr. Kisscross said...

can I steal a photo for Fat Bastards?!

Mr. Kisscross said...

can I steal a photo for the fat
bastard site?

Danielle Musto said...

Of course you can!!! And have fun tomorrow!!!