Friday, October 26, 2012

Breaking in...

Oi, where did this week go??? Only a few more hours of work and then I can come back home and take a loooong nap clean frantically before Scott gets home.

The beginning of the week started with awesome weather and really fresh legs. I managed to do my steady state intervals without going into cardiac arrest!

I only wanted to puke once four times. Once for each interval!
I've also been running and doing a little bit of strength training this week. So basically every muscle in my body is a bit sore. But it feels good :-)

I definitely need to work on my upper body strength this winter because I think I lost my chin-up ability. Scratch that, I KNOW I lost my chin-up ability. Yesterday I took Ben outside to play in the backyard and enjoy the last little bit of warm weather. It was super windy out and a wind gust slammed the kitchen door behind us. It was a very unfortunate incident because the door was still locked....and we were locked out.

Obviously Scott wasn't going to be any help since he was in Scotland. My parents have a spare key but they were both at work and wouldn't be home for an hour. I kept yelling at Naomi to open the door but she didn't quite get it. Clearly she isn't Lassie.

Luck was on my side though because I noticed that our bedroom window was slightly open. I had an extension cord going through it earlier in the day for the roofers and forgot to shut it. Whoops! I managed to pry it open, figuring that I would just do a "chin-up" into my bedroom.

Yeah...not so much! I couldn't even lift my feet off the ground.

Since our ladder was locked in shed and our shed key was locked in the house I had to get creative...
It's not as easy as it looks because the window wouldn't open the whole way. It's a miracle I didn't land on my head! But my total time to break in was less then 10 minutes...I'm glad I didn't know that it was so easy to get into the house the whole time Scott was gone, or I would have been installing booby traps all over the house!

Tomorrow I'm racing the Lowell 50. I raced it this spring with my dad and we will be racing it together again. My mom also signed up so it should be a fun day. This spring I spent the majority of the race worrying about my dad because he had just been diagnosed with prostate cancer and was scheduled for surgery right after the race. Now I'm still worried....but not about him. I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to keep up :-) And trust me, I'm not just saying that!!!

1 comment:

Carey said...

Sounds like you need to attend Carey's Boot Camp For Noodly Arms!

Your Dad is gonna do great ... both at the race and hospital. My father-in-law had prostate cancer a few years back and came through the surgery with flying colors. But I will pray for your Dad anyway.