Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hello internet...welcome back!

I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post. This time? Totally not my fault. AT&T has been upgrading "stuff" in our neighborhood and as a result we've been living in the dark ages. I felt like I was being held hostage in my house all day, waiting for different workers to arrive. Let's just say that after today I feel like I know most of the AT&T staff.

Instead of facebook I started reading an actual book. I had almost forgotten how much I like to read :-)

So let's see...what have I been up to since my last post? Well, in my last post I mentioned that I was doing my first duo race. It seems so long ago now to post up an actual race recap but let me just say this. It was a total blast. I had so much fun and couldn't have asked for a better teammate then Danielle #1. She was incredibly strong and really fun to race with.

My new coach told me not to kill myself during the race. I'm still alive, but I did have to push a little harder then I wanted to on a few of the climbs. We had to end each lap by climbing half-way up the ski hill and I was almost at a complete stand still at the top. Ouch! Danielle #1 was pushing a harder gear then me, and to this day I don't know how she managed to get up the hill. I predict a great Lumberjack race for her!

We were the only females racing in the duo elite category and I'm proud to say that we got 3rd place (out of 3 teams).

Have you ever seen a more pro podium picture? Neither have I!

Both Danielle #1 and I were putting out really consistent lap times and I couldn't be more proud of us. I always wondered what it would be like to race on a team, and it was really nice to come around the corner and see my teammate waiting. That being said, I still have a lot to learn. Towards the end our lap times were only about 30 minutes long and I was eating an entire meal in between. Probably not necessary!!!

The rest of my week was really busy. Long days at work and all of my spare time was spent with my middle sister who was visiting from L.A.

Which brings me to this weekend..

Lumberjack weekend.

Yikes!

1 comment:

Carey said...

I had the best of times this past weekend. Thanks for staying on my ass about racing L100. And thanks for not kicking me out of the house after I won. Pull up contest next year, Zeke and Scott included!